Sigma Nutrition Radio #281: Eating Disorders, Binge Eating & Body Image
- Looking at root causes, rather than characteristics, of eating disorders
- The behavioural/psychological interventions that are currently deemed to be effective
- Defining a binge eating episode
- Body image & self-worth
- Dietary restraint: Rigid dietary control, flexible dietary control, and intuitive eating
- Eating competence
- “Body checking” and “body avoidance”
JPS Health & Fitness #56: Ft. Eric Helms
In this episode of the podcast, Jacob interviews researcher Jake Linardon and Dr Eric Helms on the prevalence of eating disorders in the fitness community.
Dr Linardon has a PHD in eating disorders and is a head lecturer at Deakin University. Dr Helms is also a researcher and science communicator aiming to improve the application of scientific practices in training and nutrition for physique and strength sports.
The Competitive Edge Podcast: Do You Ever Binge Eat?
This week on The Competitive Edge - Fitness Uncensored, we speak to Dr Jake Linardon from Break Binge Eating. If you binge often... or even just occasionally, this is a podcast you need to hear!