Do you need support & assistance with any concerns associated with yours or your loved ones’ eating behaviour?
If so, please contact your health care practitioner or one of the following services:
Health Services & Support
- The Eating Disorders Foundation of Victoria: A source of support, information, community education and advocacy for people with eating disorders and their families in Victoria.
- Phone: 1300 550 236 or (03) 9885 0318
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dietician Association of Australia: Find an expert on nutrition advice and/or practical and up-to-date information on food and nutrition:
- Beyondblue: A national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to
- address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related disorders in Australia.
- Phone: 1300 22 4636
- Email: email@example.com
- Lifeline (24 Hours): Offers generalist counselling that does not discriminate. Lifeline counsellors are ready to talk and listen no matter how big or how small the problem might seem.
- Phone: 13 11 14
- Nurse-on-Call: A phone service that provides immediate, expert health advice
- from a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Phone: 1300 60 60 24
- Australian Psychological Society: The community information section of this site allows you to find a psychologist in your local area.
- Phone: (03) 8662 3300 or Toll free: 1800 333 497
- Worldwide Mental Health Hotlines: Visit this website to find a hotline for your location.
Useful Self-help Resources for binge eating
- Christopher G. Fairburn’s Overcoming Binge Eating: The Proven Program to Learn Why You Binge and How You Can Stop (Buy)
- Rick Kausman’s If not dieting, then what? (Buy)
- Ulrike Schmidt’s Getting better bite by bite: A survival kit for sufferers of bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorders (Buy)
- Centre for Clinical Interventions: Contains resources and self-help tools for a variety of mental health problems.